Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sleeping on it.

I woke up this morning without the same anger I felt last night. Maybe it was the early wake-up call for a Spanish presentation worth 10 percent of my grade that kicked me into gear, or maybe it was Coach Babs and Captain Nick's cooling words that helped me calm down. Whatever it was, it happened. A turnaround of major proportions.

Here's what Uncle Mike and Liddy had to say:
"We should be playing (overtime) obviously, right now," Babcock said. "Two teams scored twice tonight, but it just didn't work out that way. There's no sense in complaining about the refereeing or anything like that."

"I'm standing up at the blue line and I can see the puck the whole time," Lidstrom said. "I think the referee was in a bad position where he couldn't see the puck. It's unfortunate for us, but that's the way it happened tonight. It's a tough call. That's the way the rule is right now."
They're bigger men than I. There's no way I could handle a post-game press conference like that after such an unjustified ending. But they need to be, especially if they're going to come back and win this series.

That's all I have for today. I'll be back tomorrow with a preview and recap for game four. Get the boys ready Babcock...Thursday's game is a biggie.

No comments: