Dad, Tom, James, and I played a round at Hemet Golf Club with some mediocre results. Dad played and scored pretty well, notching an 86, and James showed his potential with an equally impressive 86. Tom and I struggled to put the scores on the board despite hitting the ball pretty well. I ended up with a 92, but here's the nitty-gritty stuff I know you all love.
- I was only three over par after the first five holes when I took a snowman on a simple par four and followed it with a double bogey on an easy par three. Result: 46 on the front nine despite my improved 3/7 fairways hit and 5/9 greens in regulation.
- My putting was awful; I had 22 putts on the first nine holes and 39 on the round. For some perspective, a golfer should never have any more than 36 putts in a round (an average of two per hole).
- To start the back nine, I picked up a Bud Light Lime at the clubhouse and went on a tear. Through those first four holes on the back nine, I had three pars and a birdie. After the beverage was gone, I immediately hit a tee shot out of bounds to double the 14th, then consequently hit two balls in the water on 15 and three-putted for another snowman. For those of you keeping score at home, that's -1 with Bud Light, +20 without. Hmm....maybe that's how Tigers stays so cool and collected under pressure; he's got beer stashed in his golf bag at all times! Crikey! It must be that crafty Australian caddy of his...Steve Williams. He'd have Tiger hooked on Foster's in no time. I'm on to you two...I'm on to you.
- Back in the real world, I hit another 3/7 fairways on the back as well as 4/9 greens, to bring my day's totals to 6/14 and 9/18. But like I said before, my putting let me down and I shot another 46 on the back, leaving me with a below-average 92.
- And before I forget, the first-ever Kittle-Joliff fathers vs. sons match ended in a draw. It was close down to the last hole. I hope we get the chance to do it again in the future; it was a fun way to keep us all on our toes.
Well, I have to wrap this up so I can get out the door and play some more golf! Today it's just my dad and I at Castle Creek, and then we plan to spend the rest of the day by the beach before heading to see Watchmen tonight at one of the movie theaters close by. Happy Sunday everyone!